The 'Pupil Premium' was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as 'Ever 6 FSM').
Schools also receive funding for children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months, and children of service personnel.
In most cases the Pupil Premium is paid direct to schools, allocated to them for every pupil who receives free school meals. Schools decide how to use the funding, as they are best placed to assess what additional provision their pupils need.
Who can get Free School Meals?
You can claim free school meals for your children if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Child Tax Credit, where Working Tax Credit is NOT in payment AND your annual income does not exceed £16,190 (as determined by HM Revenues and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit 'Run On' (A four week payment when your employment has ceased or your working hours reduce below 16 per week)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
If you would like further information about claiming Free School Meals you can talk to the College office or you can:
- Telephone: 01432 260333
- Fax: 01432 260436
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail Address: Benefits Section, Income and Awards, PO Box 224, Hereford HR1 2XW
You can apply for Free School Meals by completing the Free School Meals application form - https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/media/2427689/Free_School_Meals_single_page_application.pdf Please send your application to: Revenues and Benefits Services, Herefordshire Council, PO Box 224, Hereford HR1 2XW.